Looking for a lighter fajita option? I have been trying to branch out from using pasta, rice and bread during my vegan challenge. Instead of using a wrap the portobello mushroom was a perfect replacement, as it is rich in flavour and has a firm texture. This is a quick and easy recipe for anyone wanting to add more flavour and colour to their dinner.
2 Portobello mushrooms
1 red pepper, cut into slices
1 green pepper, cut into slices
1 red onion, cut into slices
1 packet of Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix
1 small sweet potato, cut into fries
10 sprays of coconut oil
Pinch of chili flakes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200 C.
- Place the sweet potato sticks on a baking tray, spray and put in the oven. (Total cook time 25-30 mins)
- Heat 5 sprays of coconut oil in a frying pan.
- Add the onion and peppers to the pan, on medium heat cook for 8 minutes or until soft.
- Add the seasoning and 125ml of water. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Place the pepper filling inside the mushrooms and put in an oven safe dish.
- Place inside the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and sprinkle over some chilli flakes and serve.