Any busy weekday calls for a quick and easy dinner recipe! I had seen these Slim noodles in Holland & Barrett (health food shop) for a while and saw they were suitable for vegans so it was the perfect opportunity to try them out. They do have quite a different texture to normal noodles, but I think with the mixture of vegetables and sauce it was good. As the noodles have almost no protein I made sure to use vegetables with a higher amount of protein, so the meal was still very nutritious.
1 tsp coconut oil
2 packets Eat Water Slim Noodles, drained and rinsed (2-3 times)
1 red onion, sliced
50g Edamame beans
100g broccoli florets
1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
50g green cabbage
50g baby spinach
1 packet Blue Dragon Hoisin and Garlic Stir Fry
1 fresh red chili, sliced
- Heat oil in a pan/wok till it is very hot.
- Add the noodles and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add the onion, beans, broccoli, carrot, cabbage and baby spinach, stir.
- After 2 minutes add the hoisin sauce and stir until it is all covered.
- Cook for a further 4-5 minutes.
- Serve and sprinkle over some fresh chilli slices.