Hey guys! Mid- week already! I thought I would share another recipe with you. Since it is the Christmas season its only right to be giving and sharing. So, I made this as a side dish on a platter of different dips and flat bread and it was perfect for having between a group of people. These were perfect to add some warmth to the meal as it is getting colder we do need to stay nice and warm inside and out!
400g of baby aubergines, washed and halved.
1 ½ tsp turmeric
1 ½ tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp cinnamon
1 tsp mixed herbs
½ tsp red chili flakes (add if desired)
1 tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Once the baby aubergines are washed and halved, place them in a large bowl.
- Add the turmeric, cumin, paprika, cinnamon, salt, pepper, herbs and olive oil.
- Using your hands massage in the herbs and spices all around the aubergines until they are all evenly coated.
- On a baking tray, place the aubergines face down.
- Put in the oven for 20-30 minutes, until golden underneath on the face. (I put mine for 30 minutes but if you prefer them to be less crispy I suggest 20 minutes is enough).
- Serve with some dips, crudités and flatbread and you have yourself a delicious meal.