Hii guys! What a week, it has been great, very productive and the start of December! Everyone opened their advent calendars?! However, now all I want and need to get my energy levels back up for the week is a nutritious, warm and cosy meal! Anyone else with me? Trust me this is an easy and simple dish to make and your body will thank you!
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
2 butternut squashes, halved and cleaned
Cooking spray (olive oil)
400g lean beef mince
2 onions, diced
3 small red peppers, diced
5 mushrooms, diced
2 cans peeled plum tomatoes
1 tablespoon of tomato puree
1 cube vegetable stock
- Preheat the oven to 200 C.
- Half, empty and scar the butternut squash is diagonal. Place on a baking tray and season the top with salt, pepper, paprika, oregano and cooking spray. Put in the oven for 1hr and 5 minutes, until the top looks crisper (darker on the edges).
- In the meantime, make the bolognese.
- Begin by sweating the onions and peppers in a pan, on medium heat, cook for 5-7 minutes.
- Add the beef and the mushrooms and cook for a further 7-9 minutes, until the beef is brown.
- Add the cans of plum tomatoes and break apart using your wooden spoon. Stir it around.
- Add the tomato puree and stock cube. Add 100 ml hot water and stir.
- On a low- medium heat let the Bolognese simmer for 30-40 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes.
- Grate the parmesan.
- Serve up with the bolognese in or next to the butternut squash and sprinkle with snow.. I mean parmesan.
Bon appetit x
This dish also works with carrots and sweet potatoes if you want to mix it up!