Good afternoon 🙂 Been looking forward to sitting down this week and writing this post. It has been quite a week, lots of hard work with positive outcomes thankfully! The weekend has been a treat going to Paris for my little sisters birthday and eating lots of delicious food. For that reason, this dish was quite spontaneous and the turn out was not surprisingly tasty with all those superb ingredients and luckily full of healthy vegetables which is what I need now.
Ingredients: Portion for 2
1 ½ sliced aubergine
½ aubergine cubed
½ Butternut Squash, peeled and cubed
3 large carrots, cubed
1 large onion, cut into 4
6 garlic cloves, wrapped in foil
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Cover two baking trays with greaseproof paper.
- Place the sliced aubergine on one baking tray. On the other baking tray place the cubed aubergine, onion and garlic. Drizzle with salt, pepper and olive oil and put in the oven for 35-40 minutes, until the top looks golden.
- In a large pot of boiling water put the butternut squash and carrot. Boil for 20-25 minutes.
- Once the carrot and squash are cooked through (check using a fork if easy to spike in) place in a blender or mixer to form a puree, add salt and pepper to taste.
- When the vegetables are roasted remove from the oven and set aside. Layer one slice of aubergine and puree alternately (roughly 4-5 layers). Add the roasted garlic on the top.
- On one side of the plate add a spoonful of puree and cover with the cubed aubergine, on the other side add the roasted onions. Drizzle the plate with balsamic glaze to add an acidic taste! YUM!
There you have it quick a simple layered vegetable lasagne!