Rise and shine lovers of all things scrumptious and delicious! This loaf has become a staple with breakfast at the moment. What I love is that it’s basically porridge but in cake form, making a healthy breakfast look even more pleasing! I have finally decided to put the Halloween decorations away for the year but the pumpkins and pumpkin spice are still very much in use!
4 ripe bananas, mashed
3 tsp pumpkin spice (pumpkin spice consists of : ⅓ cup ground cinnamon, 1 tablespoon ground ginger, 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg, 1-½ teaspoons ground cloves and 1-½ teaspoons ground allspice).
60 g honey
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
135ml milk – (I put coconut milk)
2 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Grease a loaf tin.
- In a large bowl stir together the oats, pumpkin spice, baking powder, baking soda.
- Add the mashed banana, milk, honey and vanilla. Mix together well to make a thick dough cake texture.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin. Put into the oven for 35 minutes, until to the top of golden.
- Let sit on a cooling rack for 20 minutes before tucking in.
Best breakfast of autumn time, a lot like porridge that looks like delicious cake 🙂