Hey everybody! Today I have two recipes for you! They are both warm salads that a great on the side of a roast or to meal prep and alternate the salads every day of the week. I love making salads like this accompanied with other bits and bobs, it’s like snacking on many different things but even more enjoyable and wholesome. We had a Halloween party yesterday and it was so much fun with all the Halloween goodies and amazing costumes, what is everyone dressing up as?
Roasted Carrots and Sweet Potatoes with a Spring Onion Dressing
1kg carrots, peeled and cubed
700g sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
4 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp honey
1 tsp lemon
4 stalks spring onion, sliced
½ red onion, diced
- Heat the oven to 200 C.
- Prepare the carrots and sweet potatoes. Spread on a baking sheet and sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Cook in the oven for 1hr until the vegetables are soft and slightly crispy.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients together and let marinate for 30 minutes before serving with carrots and potatoes.
- Serve with the dressing apart so everyone can add to their own taste. (Just in case there isn’t an onion lover which there was when I served this).
Broccoli and Quinoa with a Honey Mustard Dressing
3 broccoli heads, halved
250g quinoa, cooked as instructed on package
3 tbsp mustard
2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
1 tbsp honey
- Boil water, add broccoli heads to water and boil for 3-5 minutes (depending on how much you like the CRUNCH). Drain the water and place broccoli in salad bowl.
- Cook quinoa as instructed on package and stir together with the broccoli.
- For the dressing, stir all the ingredients together and drizzle on the broccoli and quinoa. Stir well and serve.