I told you to be prepared because SURPRISE another Halloween post!! Well I couldn’t exactly forget dessert either! This recipe it is the perfect dessert for autumn and has the cutest spooky factor for Halloween! They are a delight with a cup of hot chocolate if I may add!
¼ pack of short crust pastry
2 apples, peeled, cut into 12 slices
3 tbsp pumpkin spice
1 tbsp sugar
1 egg yolk
2 cubes dark chocolate, melted
Procedure to mummify
- To begin, heat the oven to 200 C. Prepare a baking tray with greaseproof paper on it.
- In a bowl mix together the pumpkin spice, sugar and apple slices. Make sure the apple slices are nicely coated.
- Cut the short crust pastry into long thin strips.
- Taking one apple slice at a time wrap a strip or two of pastry around it. Place on the baking tray.
- Once all the apple mummies are on the baking tray brush the top with egg yolk.
- Place in the oven for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Once the apple pies have cooled down. Dip a toothpick in the melted chocolate and put on the chocolate eyes.
Happy Halloween to you all! xx