Hey everybody! Happy Sunday! Anybody else at that stage of the week where you really need a feel-good meal, almost like a hug from inside? I am and let me tell you something this works it’s got an indulgent texture while being nutritious with all the vegetables. As I have started to go to the gym again I don’t have a lot of time in the evening after work to cook so dishes like this are ideal. This dish is fast and easy to make, whilst being delicious!
1 onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
4 squirts of cooking spray
3 stalks of celery, cubed
1 carrot, cubed
1 can chopped tomatoes
1 can cannellini beans, drained
Salt, Pepper, Paprika and Oregano to taste
Step by step cooking:
- Heat a frying pan, spray the cooking oil.
- Add the onion, garlic, celery and carrot and cook until soft, 10 minutes.
- Heat oven at 200 C.
- Add the chopped tomatoes, beans and seasoning, simmer for another 10 minutes.
- In a baking dish add the bean and tomato mixture. Crack the eggs on the top and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 10-12 minutes until the egg whites are cooked but the yellow still looks slightly gooey.
Serve. ( I watched the great British bake off with this meal and it was the perfect match!)