Hey everybody!! I know it’s been I while since I’ve been here and to tell you the truth I have missed it a lot! On a positive note, I am all moved in into my new place, all the boxes are unpacked and its beginning to feel a lot like home. Also, I have started my new job, it has been going great and kept me very busy so I had to take a break from writing wonderful recipes. I am back now for good! I thought about it a lot and this dish seems perfect to share with you, it’s the perfect dish to get you in a cosy autumn mood. Let me know what you think?
You will need:
2 aubergines, cut up into cubes
3 tbsp olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 butternut squash, cubed,
400g can chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp of tomato puree
125g mozzarella ball, sliced
Basil leaves to decorate
Time to make it:
- Heat oven to 200 C.
- Place the cubed aubergine on a baking tray and brush with 2 tbsp of olive oil. Put it into the oven for 20 minutes, until tender to touch.
- In the meantime, cook the lentils as instructed on the package. Place the butternut squash in boiling water and cook for 10-15 minutes, drain.
- In a large pan, add the leftover oil, add the onions, garlic and cook until soft. Stir in the butternut squash and the chopped tomatoes, ½ can of water and tomato puree. Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the sauce has thickened. Add the lentils and seasoning.
- In a baking dish, place half the aubergines on the bottom of the dish. Add the lentil mixture. Place the other half of the aubergines on the top.
- Place the mozzarella and the basil on the top and put in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes, until the cheese is golden and gooey.
Serve and enjoy! x